Is the PC next up for retirement?
Wednesday Mar 28, 2012
"Owners of the iPad know how the device reduces the number of sit-down sessions on the PC. With the growth of cloud computing--where music and pictures are stored on servers out on the Net--the tablet could well end the PC's run as consumer tech's center of gravity."Few of Apple's competitors read this in their tea leaves. Even fewer have taken steps to prepare. Amazon.com (producer of the Kindle) and Microsoft (creator of Windows software and the XBox) are partially insulated. "For the rest of the PC industry," write Burrows and Aley, "the tablet age could prove catastrophic." Who knew a piece of fruit could be so disruptive? Perhaps the namesake of Apple's first tablet platform -- Isaac Newton. Photo: Niv Singer/Flickr
This article you are reading was written by Claire for NewsCred Blog and is available for syndication through NewsCred, the world's leading content marketing platform.
- @ChanaEwing great pic! Thanks for joining us! 1 DAY, 8 HOURS AGO
- @watley this pic is unreal!! thanks for the NewsCred love 1 DAY, 8 HOURS AGO
- RT @watley: @newscred, vino, and @SFJNYC chook? This #walkaboutnyc visit is already off to a great start. #madprops http://t.co/zTl2TyNIZx 1 DAY, 8 HOURS AGO
- RT @andreahong: OH @newscred: "It's true, CMOs love @shafqatislam. The newest thing w CMOs this summer is Shaf." 1 DAY, 8 HOURS AGO
- .@natemodi thanks for coming! Was great to have you! @shafqatislam 1 DAY, 8 HOURS AGO